The Greater Kansas City Women's Political Caucus (GKCWPC), an affiliate of the National Women's Political Caucus, is a multipartisan, multicultural, grass roots organization dedicated to increasing women's participation in politics and creating a power base designed to achieve equality for all women.
What We Do
- Get women elected and appointed to public office.
- Screen, endorse and provide financial support to state and local candidates.
- Train potential candidates and campaign volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers to go door-to-door, do mailings, phoning for individual
- Hold educational forums on WPC legislative issues.
- Provide educational programs on getting involved in the political process.
- Lobby cooperatively with other organizations in Jefferson City and Topeka.
General membership meetings are held the 4th Thursday of every month at Networking at 5:30 p.m.; Membership meeting with program 6-7 p.m.
Local county-based Political Action Group (PAGs) meetings are generally held the third week of every month. Current locations include:
- Northland (Clay and Platte Counties),
- Midtown (Jackson County, south of the River to around 63rd Street),
- Southtown (Jackson County, from 63rd Street to south),
- Eastern Jackson County (East of I-435),
- Johnson County Kansas
- Wyandotte County Kansas
If you are interested in forming a Political Action Group in Cass County, Ray County, or Lawrence, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Check our Event Calendar for more happenings
GKCWPC Board of Directors
MO Vice President
Separate Segregated Fund Treasurer
MO Legislative Chair
Rep. Judy Morgan
KS Legislative Chair
Rep. Valdenia Winn
MO Political Chair
KS Political Chair
Young Friends Chair
MO State WPC Liaisons
KS State WPC Liaisons
Northland Political Action Group
Midtown Political Action Group
Eastern Jackson County Political Action Group
Wyandotte County Political Action Group
Johnson County Political Action Group